2023 Tamale Festival Houston
Saturday, December 16, 2023
Giant Texas Distillers
Houston, Texas 77020
12 pm - 7 pm
Local Merchandise and Food Vendors
Corporate Business Booth Opportunities - Contact email@example.com for details.
APPROVAL: Applicants will be notified of their status within one week of submission. Applications who are accepted will receive an information packet containing your staff credentials, load-in and loud-out passes/instructions, parking recommendations, and a site map. Vendor booth prices subject to change.
RELEASE: Applicant acceptance on this application release and forever discharges HCGS Hospitality Group LLC, all sponsoring organizations, their elected officials, directors, employees, and volunteers from any responsibility, personal liability, or claims of loss or damage arising out of, or in conjunction with participation in the event. The event is not responsible for any injury sustained by exhibitors, patrons or guests. Applicant stores and exhibits their goods at their own risk. In addition, you have read and agree to abide by all event regulations and guidelines stated in this application or risk removal from the event site without refund.
VENDOR RULES & REGULATIONS: By electronically signing this form, you agree to the vendor rules & regulations listed here.
Space is limited and vendor applications are reviewed on a first-come/first serve basis. Upon approval, each vendor will receive a confirmation letter in addition to further festival information.
1. GROUND DRIVEN STAKES are strictly prohibited.
2. Space is limited and vendor applications are reviewed on a first-come/first serve basis. Upon approval, each vendor will receive a confirmation letter in addition to further festival information.
3. Spaces are 10’x10’, or 10’x20’, each additional 10’ space may be subject to an additional fee. ONLY
4. Vendors are NOT allowed to enter the site other than the official entry/exit points of the event.
5. PROHIBITED: Vendors may not sell drug paraphernalia, guns, fireworks, weapons, apparel displaying profanity or sexually explicit items and NO GLASS IS ALLOWED.
Political or Policy banners or displays are not permitted.
6. Sales must take place within your allotted space. No subleasing of booths or space allowed.
7. Event provides the space ONLY. All vendors must provide their own booths, tents, tables, chairs, lighting, etc.
8. Types of merchandise/items sold must be included in application and approved by festival.
9. It is the vendor’s responsibility to adhere to city and state tax guidelines in the collection and payment of sales tax. The Texas Sales Tax Line is 800-252-5555. Sales Tax certificate must be available on demand.
10. Electrical Needs: Fill out an Electrical Distribution info area for all electrical needs. Vendors must provide their own lighting fixtures and enough grounded heavy-duty outdoor cable to reach service.
11. Temporary Health Permits: Food Vendors must obtain their own food permits.
12. It is the responsibility of each vendor to keep the booth and the surrounding area clean. If spots are not how they looked before arrival, you will be charged $150 cleanup fee. Violations will be banned from future events.
13. HCGS Hospitality Group LLC will provide the vendor with a festival packet to include instructions for parking, set-up and event passes.
14. Vendors may not sell any alcoholic beverages of any kind.
15. Only items listed in your vendor application and approved by the Festival may be sold.
16. SECURITY: Vendors are solely responsible for the security of their cash, operations, equipment, goods, inventory, supplies or any other property.
17. Festival guidelines will be strictly monitored. If violations occur, ONE warning will be issued. Additional violations will result in instant removal from the Event site by Security and no refund will be issued.
18. ACTS OF GOD: The festival producers, promoters, sponsors, staff/employees, volunteers, etc. are in no way responsible or liable for personal adversity, war, protest or acts of God. If a date is canceled due to inclement weather, technical problems or any other act of God or governement action beyond the control of the festival the following shall apply: If a rain date for the Festival is scheduled, vendor may set up and the basic booth fee only will be waived. Other fees will still apply.
The event is not responsible for inclement weather. The event is RAIN or SHINE.
19. INSURANCE: All vendors must have liability Insurance.
PROMOTION OF EVENT IS REQUIRED on your social networks.
Fee must be paid by due date or you will forfeit your space.
Vendors must be on time. Late vendors will not be allowed to set-up and space will be forfeited.
You may not pack up and leave early, must stay for entire event.
No reschedules for No-Shows